Please be aware that our site is being constantly updated with new (and historical) information so if there is something you can't find, would like to see, or are having problems with, please leave a comment for us on our Contact Us page.
Don't forget to have a look at our Facebook page for extra content!
1. Warringah Open Entries Now Open - Saturday 6th February 2021
ENTRIES OPEN NOW - PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY RATCLIFF MATHEWS REAL ESTATE
The 2021 Warringah Open will be on Saturday 6th February 2021. Entries are limited with Covid restrictions in place.
Register now or wait another year! Registrations close on Thursday 4th February. Online registrations only.
2. Club Covid-19 Update.
UPDATE SATURDAY 21st January, 2021
Based on current update from NSW Health and the NSW Government, the club will be open as normal.
For those who are coming to shoot the following rules will apply:
1. Members must wear masks:
- Masks must be worn whilst in the butt and club rooms (minimum of 2 people in these rooms at any one time)
- Masks can be removed whilst shooting, and walking around the club
2. Physical Distancing of at least 1.5 meters must be maintained
3. Three archers can shoot on any one target.
4. Archers must pull own arrows
5. Members must register to shoot via Archers Diary (https://archersdiary.com/) before arriving at the club (you cannot just turn up, if you are uncertain how to do this, please let us know). Registrations on Saturday will close at 8.20am to allow the ground crew to set up for the day.
6. On arrival allocate yourselves to a target (using own pen, and hand sanitise), we also request that members also bring along their own sanitiser.
7. Proceed to put out your target, before putting together your equipment. Archer should then go directly to that target, set up their equipment behind the shooting line and not leave equipment lying around anywhere else.
8. Shooting member can act as Director of Shooting (DOS).
9. Be mindful that we need to start on time.
10. More than 1 spectator (not shooting) may attend the club, if 1.5 meters can be maintained between people who are not from the same household, they must register on arrival. There is a QR code at the club that you can use to register - Code is 0000 – alternatively register your attendance here if you don't have a QR scanner. This link/QR code is an alternative to signing the Registration book. You must still register for the shoot on Archer's Diary prior to shooting.
A Committee Member will be allocated each Saturday & Sunday to ensure that rules are adhered to.
Session 1 - 8.15-8.45 registration & set up, 9.00am shooting. Handicap events will only apply to the a.m session
Session 2 - 11.30 registration with shooting commencing at 12 noon until round completed.
During school holidays we can use the facilities every day for training. Members who have keys can come and go as they please, but we must observe the above points/rules.
At this point in time we have scheduled a round for Mondays and Wednesdays only – again members are free to go down and shoot the round by registering online.
Any member that does not abide by the above, may have their access to the club curtailed.
If there are any other Covid related changes, further updates will be sent out.
Keep safe everyone, and look forward to seeing you at the club.
Please obey the directives from NSW Health and refer to the current guidelines and updates here.
Please wear a mask when going to a place where you will be in contact with people e.g. essential shopping, and remember to keep your social distance. Let's help to get Covid-19 under control quickly so that we can return to shooting ASAP.
Don't forget to have a look at our Facebook page for updates!
We have a new COVID-19 Update page on our website , under "Club News". Please visit it regularly for updates related to Club Activities during the COVID-19 Restriction period.
3. Archery Australia Back to Archery Tournaments
Well done to everyone who competed in this event with between 24-30 archers participating each month.
Now onto the Indoor World Series Online competition, which has been allocated by the club to be held on the 20th December. If you have not registered with World Archery you can still compete at the club and your score will count for indoor ratings & classifications..
4. Club Championships 2020 Presentations - 27th February, 2021
This event will be held at the completion of our February Handicap shoot, where we will have a BBQ at the completion of the event, then commence the presentations of awards - starting about mid-day.
5. Latest Newsletter
Warringah Archers hosts a Monthly Handicap shoot, which all members are encouraged to participate in.
The round has specifically been designed for Warringah Archers, and made up of the following distances & faces used.
6 ends @ 50m on 122cm face, 4 ends @ 40m on 122cm face, 3 ends @ 30m on 80cm face & 2 ends @ 18m on 40cm face.
*(An end being six arrows)
March Handicap Winner - Date Sunday 28th March - TBC
February Handicap Winner - Date Saturday 27th February - TBC
January Handicap Winner - Harry Skelton (Recurve Cadet Male)
View our Calendar for upcoming shoots and courses07/02/2021 Book Beginner's Course 2 2021 - (4 weeks - 4th week optional) - Sunday 7th February 2021
View our Calendar for upcoming shoots and weekend club rounds.
30/01/2021 Book Come N Try - Saturday 30th January 2021